“A wonderful retreat weekend filled with a well-balanced selection of activities from various wellness workshops, interactive creative music & art sessions, to Yoga & mindful walks amongst beautiful local Mansfield State Forest. Great food and accommodation. Come back home totally invigorated & refreshed! Highly recommended!:)”
- Carolyn Spencer-Jones
Upcoming Retreat - Autumn 2021 - 8th-10th October
You will gain from our retreat
- Scientifically proven information coupled with realistic strategies to reduce stress.
- Natural ways to lift your mood, reconnect with nature, art, music and the simple joy of appreciating being in the present moment.
- Go home with realistic and practical goals to look after your most important assets, your physical, emotional and mental health.
What to Expect
- To Reflect: Take time out and get away from the demands of your everyday life, enabling you to step back and see your lifestyle and mindset and gain a fresh perspective. Understand about stress and ways of reducing stress in your everyday life.
- To Refresh: Breath fresh mountain air. Have a relaxing massage. Slow down and give yourself time to consider what really matters in your life.
- To Rejuvenate: Arm yourself with realistic strategies and goals to reduce stress in your daily life. Feel strong and ready to return home and tackle the challenges that life brings you.
Previous Events Attendees
"I have not thought about all the routines and things that are happening at home. I’ve switched off and just thought about myself, which has been a long time coming. I feel so good. I feel nourished from the inside out. I have more knowledge and I have more respect. I’ll take some love and gratitude home to my family."
“I would encourage co-workers and friends to come on the retreats, It feels quite relaxing to be here. The people in the group I was with were fantastic. Rachel's great, as well as all the other presenters. I’ll take away motivation to go to the gym and live a healthier lifestyle.”
“You just get this feeling of lightness and relaxation instantly as soon as you get here. You already feel like you are in a really comfortable, welcoming zone. Thank you to everyone for being lovely and warm. Also for a lot of understanding and feeling like you are in a really safe space.”
High Country Haven was founded by Rachel Meadows, a Psychologist who has a holistic approach to Mental Health. She guides you to step back and objectively look at the aspects of your life that are destructive. This is an opportunity for you to slow down and reflect on how you can creatively make the changes you need to manage your stress.
Rachel's vision is to create relaxing retreats with a casual and welcoming atmosphere set in a beautiful landscape. She has put together a team of health professionals that can share evidenced based information and strategies in a manner that is practical, spoken in everyday language and can easily transferable into everyday life. Rachel's aim is to give you tools that you can use for a lifetime.
The retreats and workshops focus on improving your mental, emotional, and physical well-being in very realistic and achievable ways for today's hectic pace. She says "it makes sense to aim for healthier lifestyles as we know prevention is easier than a cure!"
Why You Need To Attend
Stress is a major cause of physical and mental ill health. According to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare continuous stress can lead to physical symptoms such as headaches, loss of appetite, increased blood pressure, chest pain, sexual dysfunction, and problems sleeping. Stress can also cause or influence a broad range of physical health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, poor healing, irritable bowel syndrome, and mental disorders such as depression or anxiety.
- To increase your productivity and mental capacity by reducing stress
- Improve your quality of life and relationships with a better work-life balance
- To be more aware of how your mindset may be sabotaging your efforts to live a healthier lifestyle.
- To understand the risks of stress to your physical and mental health
All our workshops are facilitated by qualified professionals and experienced practitioners, reflecting our holistic approach to physical and mental health.
Choose some or all of the following workshops:
- Greet the sun with yoga
- The five domains for stress reduction
- Healthy eating for busy people
- Music Therapy
- Don't just think about having a healthy lifestyle, live it!
- Connecting with others
- Strategies for good sleep
- Bring exercise into your life and life into your exercise
- Mindful walk to connect with nature
- Art Therapy
- Evening restorative yoga
- Individual sessions with practitioners
- Personal goals for managing stress
Your investment in yourself
Accomodation and all meals are included
Location: Merrijig, in the beautiful high country
Date: 8-10th October 2021
Join the waiting list for our Autumn 2021 Retreat here
Relax and enjoy the time away from your busy everyday life and give yourself time to reflect and rejuvenate.
Join the waiting list and be the first to know when the dates for the retreat are finalised.
Latest From The Blog
Stress is one of the most common mental health issues today. In a…
Stress has a way of creeping up on us. We have the ability…
Living in Mansfield, North East Victoria, we have experienced an unpredictable start to 2020. First,…